Friday, September 08, 2006

Central Park and Champagne



(Picture above are: Bethesda Fountain in Central Park and My two nephew from my brother matisse and his wife holly: justin & carter)

Robert and I went to central park yesterday to lunch with a bottle to champagne and our picnic food from whole foods. We were celebrating his new job. He will be the operations manager for a youth orchestra in New York and this is a fantastic opportunity for him. I have a few job opportunities on the horizon, none of which I will mention yet (as I don't want to jinx them!).
Robert has been a very close friend in only four month as we bonded over stress, healthy foods, and boys. We have, in a sense, a slightly prestigious job. Our orchestras and performers are some of the top performers in the world, our boss has work with and managed everyone from Rudolf Nureyev to Martin Scorsese. Yes, I am impressed by this, but I am not impressed by him. He has taught Robert and I about everything we don't want to be in this business of entertainment: Impatient, Delusional, Rude, Condescending....oh, and Crazy (not crazy like me Ama, but crazy like a serial killer).
As Robert and I sat in the park, we felt like we could do anything, that doors are about to spring open, and that artistic opportunities would flow out of Bethesda's arms; that we would eventually find a job in NY that didn't have a nerotic boss and that we might be able to work with the artists that we have always dreamed of working with...(that would be Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders for me).
My interviews are next week...wish me luck.

1 comment:

kelly rae said...

i love it when you blog.