Friday, September 22, 2006

"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

(mural in Williamsburg,bk last fall)

I took a late lunch yesterday, and when to the sushi restaurant across the street from Carnegie Hall. Read the paper, had a glass of wine and received this fortune, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
Great.
I am a crappy planner.
I tried planning early in my life. I wanted to be worshipped like Greta Garbo, were the audience waited with baited breath to find out what she sounded like (as she had only done silent movies for most of her career). Then upon hearing her sultry voice they were mesmorized.
It was not to be. I found two things about myself. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life pretending to be someone else(while living in poverty) and I don't like actors (this will be explained at a later date).
I didn't plan to be a religion major in college. I didn't plan to be a waitress for 5 years after college. I didn't plan to run a nightclub in Atlanta, or run my own business in New York, and I CERTAINLY didn't plan to go into Classical music management, we're now I work with Marvin "Chorus Line" Hamlisch, Bill "Rocky" Conti, and Peter "Last Picture Show" Bagdonovich. I didn't plan to fall in love with a German graffiti artist while I was still in love with my current boyfriend.
I am not sure what you can plan for. Even planning to pay bills is tricky (especially in new York).
Beso Beso

No comments: