Friday, October 13, 2006

make new friends, but keep the old...






(party at george's house last friday- don't worry, I don't really smoke!)
I was a brownie (yes, I know I am still a "brownie," I'm not taking about my ethnic background). Not a girlscout, but a brownie. I didn't want to "cross the bridge" and become a girlscout (for those of you that were brownies you know what I am talking about). I thought baking cookies, and singing weird songs with my fellow 3rd graders was good enough. One of the songs we always sang was "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold." Well since I have been living in New York I have made a lot of new friends, who I just love. But I always miss my old friends, who are much more like family, and who I always call to talk to about the most mundane things that some how make us laugh, because there is so much history between us that we know exactly why we are laughing.
It's equally exciting to met new friends so that you can discover and rediscover parts of your personality that you thought you left behind, or to discover just how much you have grown.

2 comments:

kelly rae said...

these photos are so fun. you are so gorgeous! and more than that, you are an old soul, and an old friend, so that makes you family to me.

Ama Livia said...

i adore the incredibly sexy, yet quirky, but more sexy than quirky photos. and i adore you. and i am about to call you on the phone. but before i do any of that, i have to reiterate this point once more. brownies ARE Girl Scouts. they are brownie girl scouts. then they become junior girl scouts. then cadettes. then seniors. so. you were a girl scout. and i want to come see you in the fall time in ny.