Thursday, October 19, 2006

So Distracted, All of the time.





(more pics from da'party...)

I am very distracted lately and apparently looking to be distracted further. It's hard for me to concentrate because there is so much going on. It's fall time in New York with Spring like weather, so that's not helping much either. I can't put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with the change of seasons....
It's not the job.
The job is good...My boss has become dependent upon me lately which is very nice in the sense that in a world were there is no such thing as job security this offers me a small, albeit tiny, safety net.
It's not for lack of things to do.
Last night I went to my friend Amanda's husbands television preview at the Museum of Radio and Television. It was really beautiful, articulate and honest. Amanda and Jay are such wonderful support systems to each other, they are each others confidants, and their honesty with each other with inspiring and moving.
Sitting next to Amanda in the theatre it was so wild to see this screen siren that she is on screen, and the shy women sitting next holding her jacket over her eyes cringing every time she came on screen. She has NO idea how beautiful she is (just like the majority of my girlfriends...) If you all have the Sundance Channel you will be able to see it on December 13, 2006. It's called "One Punk, Under God."
I went to Joshua's and Sandra's house after and watched the Mets game with them and Ralph. It's amazing how much pride I felt for The Mets. Something about living in NY for four years gets into your blood and the next thing you know you yelling at the TV screen and hi fiving people...Me? Yes. Weird.
Today I sat at La Rue 57 with Sophie at the bar chatting about passion and um, passion. "One can never have too much passion" Sophie says in her gorgeous French accent. Of course it attracts men like honey and the beautiful man sitting next to us starting talking to Sophie in French, with in sheer seconds he gave her his phone number...this is a typical afternoon for Sophie. She folded the number and waited until we got out side to put it in the trash can.
There has been many other odd things a foot. Things I feel I must censor as not to get myself in trouble (or judged- no, I have been that bad...but you know...I older so I am becoming a little more private;). But if you really want to know you can always call me. I am always up for a good round of gossip...xo. M

1 comment:

kelly rae said...

i''ll be calling soon for the dish!