Friday, August 18, 2006

Born today...In Denver, Co...


Kelly told me my last post was too negative (that's because she is one of my friends that's always a ray of sunshine even in dark days...Which by no coincidence her middle name is "Rae."). So, I thought I would reflect a little today since it's my birthday and now that I am firmly planted in the third decade of my life, I thought I would focus on the positive...
hmmm...This is hard...Ok. I can do this...
I had wonderfully birthday wishes today from all over the country from dear dear old friends like Dave S. And Brent (aka fu), text messages and songs (Suzanne always sings the best happy birthday song to me).
And of course Matt has called me all day to make sure I am enjoying my birthday (because I am work today and he knows I work the Prince of Darkness...Who, luck would have it, is working from his home in NJ).
When every I think my life is getting difficult I do laugh at myself, because I do have many perfect moments. Like when Adam and I dance and talk about how absurd everything is, or taking a two hour lunch with Robert (like I did today) to order a bottle of wine at a sushi restaurant over looking the Metropolitan Opera House where our artist perform; Sitting in Washington Square park like Matt and I did this past weekend sitting on a bench in perfect weather listening to a three piece jazz band, or the week before when we watched (from the very same bench Campbell Scott) shoot his next movie.
Talking to my brother Matisse about his new son, and my new nephew Carter, and talking to my other brother Mondrian about politics and life in general.
I meet so many new friends here that I adore, like Vernonica who I have 5 min bursts of telephone conversations where we try and catch up with each other, or Amanda how is one of the most geninue people I have meet in a long time...
I love all the music in this city.
I love all the mistakes (there has been quite a few) that I have made so far because whatever I did wrong in a relationship or job; it brought me here to New York.

2 comments:

kelly rae said...

i love that you are where you are in your life. i love that you see the beauty in the simple things that matter, and that our mistakes lead us to the divine. i love that you call me and leave short messages on my vm even when we don't get to chat much. and most of all? i am estatic that you are celebrating your birthday - another beautiful, crazy year in the life of a woman i love, love, love.

Ama Livia said...

Happy Late Birthday, you special, special little lady, you!