Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Is jaded bitch your only flavor?"




(pictured are my best friends: my boyfriend matthew and tanya b.)

Yes. This is my new favorite line from the IFC show "Minor Accomplishments." Why? Because Jaded Bitch is to Maya as Red is to Apple. I can't figure it out. Except to say that living in New York is the best place to live if you are a naturally jaded human being.
I complain constantly, "why is this fucking train delayed?" "why is the fucking weather so shitty!" "why does my boyfriend want have sex ever fucking second of the day!" etc. etc.
The greatest part is, no one around me ever says, "buck up little camper...You live in the greatest city in the world!" No one says that to me, because they are with me...well, complaining. That sounds bad, but if you are one of my very good and dear friends, you probably spend the majority of your day venting (bitching); and I am you friend, because I will support you in your annoyance, your frustration and boardline nervous breakdowns, because bitching to us, is like a good tension relieving message...I know that my friends and I are all basically very positive (when it counts), it just pisses off that there is so much frustrations in our daily adult lives.
Besides that I am unbelievably good at being a bitch. I work in office where I am the only female in my division. I have never seen so many men afraid of me (except for my ex-boyfriends). If I am having a bad day, they won't come any where near my office door, or if they have to, they won't look me in my eye.
I realized the other day, that part of my frustration is due to the fact that my office is an "old (wasp) boys club" where deals are still made in the men's bathroom, the CEO of the company has never introduced himself to me, but he has introduced himself to the young caucasian male that sits in the cubicle in front of my office. My boss is a bigot, sexist, homophobic,(i'm sure he is probably racist too, but the thing about be black/spainish is, you don't usually get to hear the racist words flying while in an office environment) prick, that says things to me like, "I would never cuss infront of lady like you ..." Man..if he only knew.

1 comment:

kelly rae said...

oh maya. you know you are one of my favorite people, but i have to say that you sound WAY bitchier in this post than you do in person! ama, agree? you are a lovely, lovely, friendly, POSITIVE girl! bitchy at times, yes, but aren't we all. matty is so cute in that pic.